Injured Parole Officer Jeremiah “Jim” Borden never expected Calista Barlow, the sassy blonde waitress he’s craved for months, to ring his doorbell. She slips into his heart—and his bed—but he’s obsessed with a gangland investigation that threatens his career and maybe even his life. Calista doesn’t trust easily, not with a daughter to protect and the stalker who keeps calling her. After her violent ex-boyfriend returns, she finds solace in Jim’s arms. Jim may have to forego his need for answers to protect the ready-made family he adores, but how will he and Calista escape an unseen enemy that is always one step ahead of them?
Character Interview with Jim Borden from Arresting Jeremiah
- Do you have a pet? What kind? If you don’t what would you have if you could? I have a cat, Niko. He’s an orange tabby and spoiled rotten. He thinks he owns the house and I live there to serve him. Well, the second part is true. I love that damn cat, and he takes full advantage of me because he knows he can.
- Are you an only child? How many siblings do you have? Are you close or are you estranged? I have a younger sister, Mia. We’re fairly close but not as tight as I wish. My job as a parole officer is sometimes dangerous. I want to protect her from the crap I deal with, so I’ve erected a wall between us. The wall is even taller now since our parents have died. I can’t let it bother me. I’ll do whatever I can to keep Mia—and my new ladylove, Calista—out of the crossfire. And yeah, I’ve gotten in more than my fair share of fights with some out-of-control parolees over the years. I know I can be a hardass, but that doesn’t give anyone the right to shoot at me.
- Do you own your own home or rent? After my parents died, I inherited their house. Before that, I was paying an outrageous amount in rent, but I loved my old bachelor pad apartment.
- Do you exercise or are you a coach potato? I jog around the neighborhood as often as possible, but I’ve slacked off on exercising since I broke my arm. It’s just too difficult with the cast restricting my movement and with the broken bone shooting pain through my body. Of course, that doesn’t stop me from defending Calista against her ex and from getting into fights with drug dealers. I can barely remember what I look like without a bruise darkening my skin.
- Have you ever served in the military? No, but I was considering joining the police force. I trashed that idea after I broke the same arm twice. I never really wanted to join, anyway, and I was only going to do it to make Dad proud. Now with my arm not in the best of shape, I doubt I could pass basic training.
- What kind of clothes do you wear? I love blazers. Navy blue, pinstripe, solid colors, plaid…whatever. It’s my go-to article of clothing, no matter the weather, and it hides the gun I always wear at my side.
- What made you get into the situation you’re in now? Why? Someone in my parole office stole some private files from me and gave them to a few gangbangers, who then went after Mia, her boyfriend, Mason, and me. A lot of crap went down and that should’ve been the end of it, but nope, I couldn’t let bygones be bygones. I needed to know which coworker betrayed me. It was driving me nuts, so I did something very stupid and highly illegal. That mistake landed Calista and me in hot water. Boiling hot, I tell you. Things will get better, though. I have to believe that.
Add to Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55223686-arresting-jeremiah
Check it out on BookBub – https://www.bookbub.com/books/arresting-jeremiah-arresting-onyx-book-2-by-amber-daulton
Amazon – https://amzn.to/32vAlqu
Barnes and Noble – https://bit.ly/2E4eJYO
Apple – https://apple.co/35BOuo1
Universal link – https://books2read.com/u/mVKvMP
Official Book Trailer:
Now Taking Sign Ups for my Newsletter, Amber Daulton Romance
About the Author
Amber Daulton is the author of the romantic-suspense series Arresting Onyx and several standalone novellas. Her books are published through The Wild Rose Press, Books to Go Now, and Daulton Publishing, and are available in ebook, print on demand, audio, and foreign language formats.
She lives in North Carolina with her husband and demanding cats.
Social Media Links
Website – https://amberdaulton.wordpress.com/
Facebook Author Page – https://www.facebook.com/amber.daulton.author
Twitter – https://twitter.com/AmberDaulton1
Street Team – https://www.facebook.com/groups/572204316296198/
Pinterest – https://pinterest.com/amberdaulton5/
Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6624921.Amber_Daulton
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/14JoZff
Book Bub – https://www.bookbub.com/authors/amber-daulton
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/amberdaultonauthor1/
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/pub/amber-daulton/87/538/368
The Wild Rose Press – https://www.thewildrosepress.com/authors/amber-daulton